Author Topic: France: Anne L'Homme, born Echiselle  (Read 6264 times)

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: France: Anne L'Homme, born Echiselle
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 31 August 17 09:38 BST (UK) »
I found this on ancestry:

"Pierre L'Homme, natif de la Fer en Picardie, fils de feu Etienne L'Homme et d'Elizabet Becarre;
Judith Lorsigno, native de St. Goubin[?] en Picardie, fille de feu Jacques Lorsigno et de feue Judith d'Ardenne
"

They married on May 19 1695 at the Chapel of the Hospital, Spitalfields, London.

**edited to add:

Pierre and Judith had:

A son, Pierre, in 1697, godfather Pierre de Monceau [?] godmother Marie L'Homme.
(I found Marie's marriage, too...she appears to be a sister of Pierre snr, also from Picardie)

A son Jacques in 1698, godfather Jacques Lambert, godmother Jeanne DuPont

Intrestingly, I found a further marriage a month or so after the one I mentioned previously (which took place in the Chapel of the Hospital on 19 May 1695). The second one was on 30 July 1695 between Peter L'Homme, weaver, of Spitalfields and Judith Lorsigno, spinster, of same (This is in an Anglican church, St Dunstans in Stepney). I wonder why they would get married in both churches? The names seem enough of a coincidence to presume they are the same people.

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 31 August 17 09:46 BST (UK) »
Let me reiterate my thanks for everyone who helped find all these records - my family tree is now much richer and it's been a real treat to see the scanned documents and learn a little more about our family's French origins. I had no idea such things were even available online.

Now that I've got a bit more of an understanding of the terminology I'm working my way through the registers that are online for Moncoutant to try to trace the Mandineau side - no luck so far but there are still lots of pages to go :-) Some interesting comments made by the priest on some of the other parish records, though - referring to  "abominable huguenots" and "miserable huguenots".

Again, thanks so much to everyone who has been so generous with their time and expertise. I really appreciate it.

Jenni

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 31 August 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you :-) All I know about the Mandineau side so far is that Jean (who married Anne) was the son of Francois and Helene, from Moncoutant (or so it says on his marriage record) and that he had an older sister. Unfortunately I have no references or anything to back this up - the family tree was done back in the pre-internet days (some relative traveled to France and trawled through the records in person.)

I'm about 80 pages into one of the registers of around the time he would have been born - no Mandineau names at all though so perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. I'll keep chipping away at it  though - fortunately most of the handwriting is pretty clear and well preserved.

I'm looking here:

http://archives.deux-sevres.com/archives79/Archivesenligne/Registresparoissiauxetd%C3%A9tatcivil.aspx

...at the one for 1700-1711, for want of anywhere better to start. If he's a similar age to Anne, then I guess he was born somewhere in that range.

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 31 August 17 10:12 BST (UK) »
http://www.bois-tiffrais.org/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=106

MANDINEAU  famille de Bazoges en Pareds, Mouilleron en Pareds,

Offline JenNZL

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 31 August 17 11:14 BST (UK) »
http://www.bois-tiffrais.org/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=106

MANDINEAU  famille de Bazoges en Pareds, Mouilleron en Pareds,

Thanks!

That's quite close to Moncoutant, isn't it? - though in Vendee rather than Deux-Sevres, is that right? (in terms of looking online at registers.) 

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Thursday 31 August 17 12:00 BST (UK) »
Found the marriage of Claude homme and Simone Drouin 20th of march 1678 in Authon du Perche (nowadays in the département of Eure et Loir)
http://www.archives28.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMTctMDgtMzEiO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6MjtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6MTA3Mjg7czoxNjoidmlzaW9ubmV1c2VfaHRtbCI7YjoxO3M6MjE6InZpc2lvbm5ldXNlX2h0bWxfbW9kZSI7czo0OiJwcm9kIjt9#uielem_move=-552%2C-586&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=142&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F
Page 63/96

Claude Lhomme , "étaminnier"? ,son of Claude Lhomme , "cordonnier" "shoemaker" and Judith ? his father and mother, living in Authon and Simone drouin ... Authon, daughter  of .... , merchant, and ....living in St martin de nigelles  have attended claude lhomme , father of the groom, jaques and peter brothers of the groom, jacques menou the young , merchant living in Authon  , his cousin.....

signatures