Author Topic: Hugh Morris  (Read 863 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Morris
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 March 20 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Wow thank you - I am looking at this family again and did pick up that William died in 1903 so Kathleen b: 1905 (as she calls herself) couldn't be his child but do you think could pass for Catherine born in 1898?
Yes, I do. Notice that the day and month of birth match, and remember that the age on a death record depends on the informant getting the information right.

Are you able to see her on 1911 census I don't have access
You have exactly the same access as I have - the 1911 census is only available on Scotland's People. Having said that I have failed so far to find the Morris family.

It guess it might just be that she deliberately gave the wrong dates 7 years is a lot but I've seen worse or better as the case may be.
I maybe wasn't she who got the dates wrong, though she might have done. It's quite common for women to 'lose' a few years off their age, especially if they marry a younger man.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline buttercup2009

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Morris
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 March 20 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes she did he was born in 1907 - her sister was in Florida when she died but maybe kept up the pretence because they had no children - Lottie was the only one to have children. I have just spotted a note I have on her too - "Funeral notice confirms the address and that she was related to Rev Canon Thomas McGarvey, Cousin?" I remember hearing this, will go away and check it out, amazing how things tie together eventually!  :):)
Davey Brightlingsea/Jersey/Oxford
Whitsey Lambeth
Cuckow Coventry/Camberwell/Canada
Broadrib Camberwell/Canada
Mear(e)s Haverfordwest/Woolwich
Lemon Plymouth/Woolwich/Plumstead
Staplehurst Sussex/Greenwich
Frisby Market Deeping/Ontario/BC Canada
Terry Bletchingley/London/BC Canada
Hunt Alresford/Plumstead/Deptford
Gorring Plumstead/Canada
Ford  Woolwich - James Thomas died in South Africa