Author Topic: Margaret HAWES [1840-1868] - need precise date & place of death  (Read 1395 times)

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret HAWES [1840-1868] - need precise date & place of death
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 February 21 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Usual Abode on Abney Park Cemetery Burial Register was Margaret Street, Haggerstone, Middx. The Name of the Officiating Minister, Date of Death Cert, & Registrar Name & District are blank - I don't know what the significance of these omissions is, & would be interested to know, if anyone has any ideas as to why

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 February 21 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone any ideas as to why this direct tree member of my family has fields mentioned in her burial record left blank [please see quote for details]. I would be very very grateful for any help or thoughts about this

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 March 21 10:06 GMT (UK) »
I’m sorry I can’t help you, I just wonder if you have seen other Abney Park Burial Registers, from the same time, to see if they are also left blank, or is there something unusual about this one.

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 March 21 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lily for your thoughts on this bizarre record. I am trying to get a copy of the next page in the APC Register for that very reason at the moment. I also wondered whether it might be because her death was a Coroner's Case or something. I am scratching the bottom of the barrel a bit here ! Any further thoughts or ideas are VERY, VERY WELCOME !!!!

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 09 March 21 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Folks, I have looked at the next page after the partly filled burial record of Margaret. The first entry was a mistake & is crossed out. It was partly completed as well, but interestingly was a copy of the entry just before Margaret's entry. Altogether, 4 pages that I now have show no other problems. So still a bit of a pickle. Any thoughts or ideas would be very welcome

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 09 March 21 21:30 GMT (UK) »
The Name of the Officiating Minister, Date of Death Cert, & Registrar Name & District are blank

Hi
I can't explain the why there is no minister named, but we never found a death registration, so I guess it is kind of logical that the other fields are blank. In other words, if there was no death certificate, the other fields couldn't be filled in :-\
John

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 11 March 21 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John, I will wait & see if Hackney Registrars Office is able to restore their local registrations & old BMD certificates database after the hack, [they are not optimistic about that]. They say their attempts  to do this may take a further 4-6m at least. I am prepared to wait, & if necessary visit their Office, when Covid-19 restrictions allow. Best wishes, Michael. PS: APC must have had some paperwork to legally bury her, so my search must continue !

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 March 21 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Are Hackney saying they only hold the BMDs online?  If so, did they say where the pre-digitilised copies are now?

Offline drmjgould

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 12 March 21 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lily, Thanks for your further thoughts. I am not sure whether the Hackney Registrars Office have pre-digitalisation copies of their records. Due you mean the original paper copies, or microfilm copies, or some other type of copy of the original records/certs? They have told me that the had 2 digital copies of all their data, & both of these were interfered with by the hacker. They are not sure how effective any recovery of their digital data will be, or how long it will take, but said it would be months at least. I will obviously get back to the HRO to try to clarify. Best wishes, Michael