Author Topic: Please Help Wilsons/Raeburns!!  (Read 987 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help Wilsons/Raeburns!!
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:03 GMT (UK) »
It looks like Hatton of Fintray
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:04 GMT (UK) »

Agree with Gadget.

Hatton of Fintray

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatton_of_Fintray

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline AshWilson1986

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:04 GMT (UK) »
It looks like Hatton of Fintray

The writing above that and what appears to be a time underneath it. I can't make it out. It's possibly a birth address.

Offline AshWilson1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:05 GMT (UK) »
I know the village is Hatton of Fintray

But for the life of me I can't read the actual birth address. If anyone can unravel then it would be much appreciated  :)

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:06 GMT (UK) »
It says Hatton of Fintray. That's very useful to know. It says May 27th, 7.30pm. All Scottish birth certificates show the actual time of birth.
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline AshWilson1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:15 GMT (UK) »
It says Hatton of Fintray. That's very useful to know. It says May 27th, 7.30pm. All Scottish birth certificates show the actual time of birth.

Yep, at least I've got the closure now about Peter so thanks for everyone's help.

Would love to be able to read what the actual birth house/address was above Hatton of Fintray.

Now it's time to find out some more about Mary and where she came from originally and her parents.

This is all very interesting but seems a sad story at the same time  :(

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:35 GMT (UK) »
My previous post told you what the writing above Hatton of Fintray said. It's the time, not an address.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline AshWilson1986

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Ah it's the official birth date as you stated

My bad

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 15 January 24 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Peter Charles Wilson
Birth:  Jan 17 1865 - Dumfries, Dumfries, Scotland
Parents:  John Wilson, Mary Callaghan

Interesting. That Peter Charles Wilson, born 17 January 1865, would have been one day short of his 36th birthday on the date of marriage of Peter Charles Wilson and Marian Ward.
In which case, AshWilson1986, what evidence do you have that makes you think he was the one born to Mary Wilson on 27 May 1863?

What is your evidence to suggest that the Peter Wilson you are looking for is the Peter Wilson born in 1863 to Mary Wilson rather than the Peter Charles Wilson born in 1865 to John Wilson and Mary Callaghan?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.