Author Topic: Diary Week Ending March 24th.  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary Week Ending March 24th.
« on: Sunday 17 March 24 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Well ,so much going on this week,Dentist , fire repair and Church cleaning for Easter.
Son safely home .

Had to,phone The Police, some very big canisters of Nitrous Oxide ,- Laughing Gas, have been dumped in the side lane.
Eight of them as far as I can see.
Well tomorrow the High School children will be passing along the lane.
It is a bit of fun in very small doses but very dangerous in large quantities,I understand the containers can explode ,I had told my s on    on the phone when he gave a rough time of arrival ,and he mentioned it to his friend who said I must not touch them ,they can explode. Otherwise I would move them.
Well seemingly it is not a Police matter, given the Council number to,phone tomorrow by which time the chidren -  well high school teenagers ,will have passed ,hopefully with no messing about .
The number given is the one you phone for all sorts of things,BUT never answered .
I shall have to stand by my gate to make sure they don’t spray them about.
In large quantities it can stop people breathing - for ever!

What a dangerous thing to do.

Tasty chicken and mushroom casserole for tea.

Need to order my prescription ,some new ones not on my usual order, the
Pharmacy send me things I do not need and  leave off things I do.
I will go down tomorrow ,it all needs sorting out ,supposed to have  had a Drugs review on Feb 1 st ———— ::)

I ought not to moan really ,Our Lloyd’s closed soCohen’s took all Lloyd’s patients not very well, chaos.Not their fault.
I can also call in the Surgery re the Drugs review .

Am I supposed to have a Shingles injection ?

Hope everyone is alright,those with illness, difficult jobs and family problems are in our thoughts I am sure ,what a blessing The Diary has been.

Look after yourselves folks .
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Week Ending March 24th.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 March 24 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Morning Viktoria
There is an age sealing on the shingles jab, think the upper age is 82, don't know why it is only 82 but please check it out .

Looks a lovely day here after yesterday being a damp wet day, hope it dries the garden.

Not a lot on this week apart from a meds review,  BP   check and blood test all withing an hour or so,  I will wait in the waiting room,  no use moving away I could be called before the allotted  time.

Hope everyone is feeling brighter this week, spring  weather could be round  the corner with some  better weather.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 March 24 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Eligible is for ages 65 to 79 for the shingles jab :

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/shingles-vaccination/

Seemed strange to me that it isn't offered to over 80s so I looked it up, apparently the effectiveness  of the vaccine diminishes with age so that's the reason.

Beautiful spring day here  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 March 24 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Code: [Select]
Very tired this morning but no wonder as I stayed up very late to watch three programmes about Irish music,the songs,  the specific dancing and the instruments,Ulean pipes,Harp and Bodrhun drum.

Booked an eye test as per hospital directions ,for new specs.
Think I have sorted out the muddle with my medications ,keep getting discontinued ones but not all current ones,so booked a drugs review.

It was a lovely morning but now bitterly cold.
Easy tea tonight ,our Q Guild butcher’s Lancashire sausages for son for me zRichmond vegetarian ones .

As I was leaving the house to get the bus a Council van came to move all the canisters of Nitrous Oxide, so I emailed The Council to say thanks.

Daughter phones this evening ,so like to have tea all done and kitchen tidy before she phones.I will want an early night tonight after yesterday’s late bedtime.

Cheerio folks Oh,  a little joke I heard :- during the Russian elections The President  of I think The EEC sent Putin a message congratulating him on winning —— :D ;D  ;D

Thanks Roobarb.

Cheerio. Look after yourselves folks.
Viktoria.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 19:43 GMT (UK) »
A question, is it possible to buy earthworms.?
I have never seen even one in my garden, not one.
It can be very wet ,so perhaps that is why.
I need to enrich and lighten the soil.It is black and always wet.
Perhaps some sand - I must look it up- might help too.
It will be interesting to see if there are any worm casts when I out some sand on top .

Did a good tidy in the back garden this afternoon ,I need to find a good home for plant pots -  soooo many.
My Captain Sir Tom rose is looking good.

Well kitchen to tidy ,phone my other son ,a bath and bed and Dentist at 9-15 tomorrow.
Hope everyone is O.K.

Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 07:00 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb will probably know better about your gardening matter question, Viktoria.  But I wonder if you started a little compost pile under a weighted down black bag if this might attract some earth worms?

Thanks for telling us about shingles jab Roobarb.  I am not quite the age requirement yet but I will tell SiL in case she doesn't know that this is on offer.

I was nearly collided into at the bus stop yesterday by a man going very fast on the pavement on his bike.  I had just stepped out the shelter as the bus was pulling up when he came hurtling along and shouted for me to get out the way.  I just managed to jump back in the nick of time.  I thought it was an electric bike to begin with but as he raced away I thought it just looked like an ordinary bike.  I wish something could be done about these maniacs.  If I had been struck - which I very nearly was - I do think I would have sustained some very nasty injuries from the impact. :-\
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 08:36 GMT (UK) »
There are a lot of idiots who ride on the pavement when they shouldn't be, I avoid cyclists  even when driving which is rarely now, they weave all over the place.

We are having  a charge against us for our compost bin collection, once a fortnight,  I have a small composted home made as I don't really have room for a large one,  wish I did.

Weather very changeable today after a reasonably day yesterday.

Take care everyone.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes, and they don’t seem to have bells nowadays ,if you step aside - as I had to do to avoid what a dog had left - a cyclist on the pavement behind me who I could not see or hear who did  not ring his bell if he had one ,just missed me but cursed me for stepping aside!!!!
The worst part was his young son was behind him on his smaller bike.what a bad example ,it was as if I had no right to be on the pavement !
Oops.must go,son taking me to Dentist.
V.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 08:59 GMT (UK) »
I posted on last week's thread in error! :-[

Traffic chaos today!
Roads closed for the visit of Queen Camilla, who will be conferring City status on Douglas.

It's affecting my usual coffee morning with a small group of friends.
And I will have to delay a trip to Tesco until tomorrow.

I won't be going to see her.
Can't park anywhere close, and my balance issue won't let me walk that far!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)