Author Topic: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up  (Read 114531 times)

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
  • Martha Murray 1920-1990
    • View Profile
Re: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up
« Reply #288 on: Monday 14 November 05 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia and Kira,
First of all congratulations on becoming one of the elite Celia ;D. I hope you are o.k. with you saying you are not well enough to get to Birkenhead, and that its just the awful weather that you are having most problems with. As  I have found out to my cost the damp around here and our old bones don't mix :'(.
Well Kira now it looks as if Celia has found your grave I will do my best to see if there is a headstone we can get a photo of for you, give me a while though as I have to get my hubby when he is free to give me a lift  up to Flaybrick ::) I am earning brownie points at the moment making him lots of cups of tea ;)
Hope to get back to you soon
Pat
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Monday 14 November 05 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Congrats Celia and thank you for your and Toad's help. Such sweeties.
I appreciate you and hubby's help in taking a picture Toad. Look forward to the picture and fully understand that it will take time.
Warm fuzzy regards
Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat
I had in infection in one eye all week ,so no use for reading films.Its cured itself now.I am going to check on Kira's other burials plus the one i was sent will do that tomorrow or Friday.. I want to see the whole page so i can find out what the 5 & 6 Mean I am not familiar with the cemetery burial records.Also to check the grave number.The print out is a bit faded. So i want to make sure everything is correct before you go round the cem. I tried to copy onto a post,but impossible to see.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Celia, glad your eye is getting better. I was going to try to have a ganders in the cemetery today as I have to go to Birkenhead but it looks like the weather is about to close in again. Possibly better then that I wait for you to check the plot numbers, its a very big cemetery ;D.
I might give the ranger who knows the place a call, he was very helpful when I was on the search for my Creer grave. He has a memory were some of the stones are ;D so if you tell him the grave no he can say its in such and such a row, clever fellow :). here is hoping the weather stays OK and once checked I can get a photo :D
Pat
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 17:47 GMT (UK) »
The Leftovers from the printout of burials in Flaybrick

October 1922
Buried

The Leftovers from the printout of burials in Flaybrick

October 1922
Buried
18th    Jane Woof age 85 years Widow  of 89, Linwood Road.
18th    Emily Ann Beattie  age 53 years. Widow of  34 William St.
18th    Charles Baxter. age one day. Son of James. of 16 Henry St.
19th     William Ernest Crutchley age 4. Son of AurtherVictor.158 Cathcart Street
19th     Joseph Hutton age 77. Labourer, 46 Abbot Street
19th     John Ellis Age 9 hours. Son of Wm Thomas, 43 Vulcan Street
20th    Thomas Abbott age 52  Heydraulis ? Man. 5 Wellesley Street
20th     Richard Davies age 79 Labourer. 94 Oliver St
21st     Emily Wiltshire age 56 wife of Reubin, 12 Briasdale Road
23rd     Thomas Lloyd   age 49  Rly Traffic Canvisser 13 Beech Road Hr Tranmere

I have not added Plots or Grave numbers for a reason
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: Thursday 17 November 05 20:45 GMT (UK) »
HI Kira & Pat
I have now found out  that Like Rake lane there are no burials on film after 1961 for Flaybrick. The difference is though if you already have a burial record for Flaybrick ,which we now have Plot = section for Flaybrick + grave number you can find out who else is in the grave Brillient.I Found that the burial records  Books for each section and each numbered grave.Are on film so i had a go  You dont look for names only the grave itself.

Sec 12 Grave 768
First internment
23rd oct 1922 Thomas Lloyd age 49
Second Internment
5th Oct 1955 Be???i Devlin age 42
Third internment
28th Feb 1962 Helena Lloyd age 82

hope these are all yours cos they dont match the dates you gave me. Even though you can't  do lookups after 1962 latest, l noticed anyone that is buried after that date.Is entered in the Grave log. So get extra info saw some very recent entries.
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Thursday 17 November 05 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Celia and Toad
Yes, this is my 'lot'.   Quite sure that this Devlin is their married daughter. What happened to their other children, will be another hunt!! Wonder why this daughter was buried here.  Sorry that a couple of dates off...using a family members senior mind. Opened up another can of worms most likely !!!
Much appreciated Celia and thank you very much indeed!!
Regards Kira (hot today...12c...16c this weekend..yipee)
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: Thursday 17 November 05 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Both ;D,
Celia that section 12 c? If ??? my parcel delivery that I waited in for all day today comes early enough (or at all >:( ) tomorrow I will make an attempt to get to Flaybrick as the weather has been so nice even if a bit cold ;D.
Will let you have any photos if I can get em as soon as possible Kira. Glad you are getting warmer weather there  it was - 3 here last night first hard frost we have had for ages, did you send your cold wether our way :D
All the best Pat

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: Thursday 17 November 05 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Pat its just 12 no c, i have been trying for ages to get the darn map of Flaybrick up.Cant fathom out all the new Fangle Dangle programs on my new Pewter. I have got a new all in one scanner printer and it wont do as its told ;D Will keep trying

Celia Frost ??? what Frost ???
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials