Author Topic: Seaman's Orphanage Hull  (Read 109921 times)

Offline hobonical

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seaman's Orphanage Hull
« Reply #72 on: Monday 31 August 09 19:52 BST (UK) »
I think that if you look at the picture of the polar bear which I use to this day the orphanage was to the next building to the left?
Regards
Simon

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 31 August 09 20:28 BST (UK) »
Simon I have an old postcard of the Orphanage on Spring Bank if you would like a copy..send me a P.M and your email address and I will send you a copy...have you read the whole thread here?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline hobonical

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday 31 August 09 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would be very interested to look at the postcard.

I am visiting the orphanage again for the first time in the next few weeks (since 1972) and am looking forward to it very much.

you can contact me at  (*)

Regards
Simon

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline hobonical

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Monday 31 August 09 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would be very interested to look at the postcard.

I am visiting the orphanage again for the first time in the next few weeks (since 1972) and am looking forward to it very much.

you can contact me at
Moderator Comment: Email address removed to avoid spammers etcRegards
Simon

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 31 August 09 21:19 BST (UK) »
Simon..I suggest you remove your email address by clicking the modify button to the right of the page on your message ...it's not allowed on here...I have it now and will send the postcard.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline aholbroo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if there used to be a childrens home on Holderness Road in Hull? - we have recently bought a house there and in with the details of land registry bits, we received some former planning applications which included details to extend to accomodate 30 children plus staff! (1970s)

Will try and check when the new history centre opens next year but thought it was worth a post

Offline mrs_tease

• RootsChat Member
  • Arthur Simon 1869 - 1922
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 17:06 GMT (UK) »
in the early 1900's there was a childrens home on Holderness Rd, I dont have many details about it, just stumbled across it by accident when looking for a possible place my gt aunt my have been sent to before the institution in Leeds.
Simon (Lincolnshire,Yorkshire)Boyd, Walters, Percy, Richardson (Lincolnshire) Mckay, Bateman (Hull)Ellis (Lincolnshire,Hull)

Offline gps1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 07 November 09 21:09 GMT (UK) »
I remember you from Hesslewood. You were there with your brother. My name was Gail Horton.

Offline vixie72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Friday 20 November 09 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm after information on the seaman's orphanage & asylum on Springbank.  Pictures etc.  I notice TeeTotal has pictures but I don't know how to contact people on here.  Please help  ???