Author Topic: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby  (Read 121428 times)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #234 on: Friday 23 September 16 20:29 BST (UK) »

DOBFARM ~ I made a mistake with the year of Elizabeths baptism it was 1781 and altered my post accordingly.

The next baptism I found was in Tynemouth

Eleanor Hood bpt. 14 Dec 1783 dau of John Hood, mariner. Abode: Shire Moor

Elizabeth Hood who married W. Cook names a daughter Eleanor.
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #235 on: Friday 23 September 16 20:45 BST (UK) »
I've altered the quote of duplicate box same as yours in my post
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Friday 23 September 16 21:28 BST (UK) »
These are such long threads I apologise if this info has already been discussed

Marriage of John HOOD mariner, and Elizabeth GIBSON 1779 ALL SAINTS, NEWCASTLE.

Possible first child for the couple

ELIZABETH bpt. 15 April 1781 father John Hood MARINER

Marriage  Tynemouth 24 Jan 1804

William COOK and Elizabeth Hood by banns.

several children between 1804-1811 all at Tynemouth. Register states father a Mariner native of Lowestoft or Suffolk, mother native of parish of ALL SAINTS.

On one childs baptism she was native of Gateshead, this was crossed out and All Saints put in.

From BT's, was a mistake made when the BT was written, or was the PR entered this way also?

Plus,  wasn't a future grandchild of George Hood given the middle name COOK ?

DOBFARM ~ I made a mistake with the year of Elizabeths baptism it was 1781 and altered my post accordingly.

The next baptism I found was in Tynemouth

Eleanor Hood bpt. 14 Dec 1783 dau of John Hood, mariner. Abode: Shire Moor

Elizabeth Hood who married W. Cook names a daughter Eleanor.

Thank you All,

The posts are all very interesting.

Regards Mark

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Saturday 24 September 16 03:03 BST (UK) »
There is that rich Elizabeth Hood nee Snowdon who left £18000 will prove 30th March  1835 widow of Anthony Hood but she was suppose to have popped her clogs in Tavistock Square Middlesex London late of Newcastle

(Not sure which Elizabeth burial 1834 it is)

Yet Eldon Square was/is the poshest part of Newcastle

Think maybe Elizabeth Hood burial (nee Gibson) Eldon Square aged 75 burial register entry 571 -5th Oct 1834 All Saints Newcastle (born est 1759)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-NQGN-BJ?i=549&wc=9K5Q-K68%3A13617901%2C26205601%2C26906501%3Fcc%3D1309819&cc=1309819

Can't find John Hood
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Saturday 24 September 16 07:41 BST (UK) »
There is that rich Elizabeth Hood nee Snowdon who left £18000 will prove 30th March  1835 widow of Anthony Hood but she was suppose to have popped her clogs in Tavistock Square Middlesex London late of Newcastle

(Not sure which Elizabeth burial 1834 it is)

Yet Eldon Square was/is the poshest part of Newcastle

Think maybe Elizabeth Hood burial (nee Gibson) Eldon Square aged 75 burial register entry 571 -5th Oct 1834 All Saints Newcastle (born est 1759)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-NQGN-BJ?i=549&wc=9K5Q-K68%3A13617901%2C26205601%2C26906501%3Fcc%3D1309819&cc=1309819

Can't find John Hood

Hi

I can add some information about one of the above ...

Durham Chronicle, 10th October 1834
In Newcastle, ... 29th ult., in Eldon Square, aged 75, Mrs Hood, relict of the late Anthony Hood, Esq., of Wallsend.

Not our John Hood? But ...

Newcastle Journal, 18th October 1834
At the Windmill Hills, near Gateshead, on the 13th instant, aged 17 months, Elizabeth, youngest daughter of Mr. J. Hood.

Tyne & Wear Archives
DT.BEL/2/126 [via search engine, via TNA]
"Plan of Premises at the Windmill Hills belonging to Messrs Hood"
Description: Depicts Hoods Buildings, Millfield and property around the junction of Union Lane and Lobley Hill turnpike.

Regards Mark

EDIT
Newcastle St. John (ages not given)
10 Mar 1833 John Hood = Ellen Thompson

Don't know if you saw these other John Hoods (recently added to a previous post) ...

Newcastle Courant, 14th March 1845
On the 6th inst., aged 74, Mr John Hood; he was nearly thirty years in the employ of the New Stourbridge Glass Company, Gateshead.

Tyne Mercury ... 1st August 1820
At West Boldon, yesterday, Mr John Hood, boot and shoe-maker, of Monkwearmouth Shore, to Miss Mary Winter, of the former place.

Newcastle Journal, 10 June 1837
At Bishop-Wearmouth, on the 3rd inst. Mr. John Hood, of Seaham, to Miss Elizabeth Ragg of Birtley;
[Newcastle Courant says ... "John Hood, trimmer" and spells Birtley as "Birtly".]

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Saturday 24 September 16 11:11 BST (UK) »
To added more confusion proved 2 John Hood's  2 family units

Both entries All Saints Newcastle (Tyne)

ELIZABETH bpt. 15 April 1781 father John Hood MARINER

Issobel bapt Jan 1781 father John Hood WATERMAN

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: Saturday 24 September 16 11:22 BST (UK) »

The John Hood Waterman has quite a few children in the registers. I'd seen that yesterday.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Saturday 24 September 16 11:29 BST (UK) »

The John Hood Waterman has quite a few children in the registers. I'd seen that yesterday.

I think Mark needs to model each family unit entries in All saints - Family Unit to see if there is a pattern of children into the later better register informed entries post 1800 to say 1805 of bapt's & infant burials Also any bapt/burial entries a couple of years before the marriage of John Hood & Elizabeth Gibson 1779

Having a child 25 years after marriage is possible them days (my mum was 42 when she had me and my sister in law was 17 when she had my niece - 25 year difference their ages at pregnancy)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Saturday 24 September 16 11:42 BST (UK) »
Very true ,

My Gt Grandmother (born 1863) had her last child in 1906.