Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 12th March 2023  (Read 2792 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 12th March 2023
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 11 March 23 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Really nice today, sun out but chilly

Off out to take pics of where my accident took place , already sent diagrams but the legal  beagles want more,  sounds as if someone is not telling the truth!,, I cannot tell you how stressed out I am and that is not a word I use.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 11 March 23 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Oh LM,how nasty , how such people can live with themselves I do not know!
Let’s hope it all comes right.
TY,
I Went back to Opticians’ this morning ,wearing new specs, I had taken old ones to have the new prescription lens put in.
The assistant asked how I was coping with the new ones,because I had asked that the second pair  have bifocals the same height as those that were in as the height was perfect,I was struggling with the new ones .
She got my details and measured the new bifocals ,They were 3mm too high!
So stuck with old ones for  about another ten days.
No cost to me,for correct lens in new frames, well I should think so !

Honestly  >:(
Grandson ( FH’s Daddy ) phoned to say the school had accepted they ought not to be giving FH elocution lessons .

Coincidentally a routine questionnaire was given out by the PTA, to all parents.
So G,Son told it as it was,many good points but the few negatives were important .
Seemingly other parents’ answers agreed so a meeting and things will be hopefully improved.

Grand daughter in law( F.H’s Mummy ) is much respected - she is very quiet and calm and her training college is well known for excellence.
That will be why FH likes sticking plasters!

Oh dear France  wopped England - rugby-

No idea what to have for tea, cheeseboard at lunchtime .
Perhaps a butterbean casserole or tuna pasta bake?
Hard to think when not hungry.
How many people would be glad to have that problem ———

Hope your specs get sorted TY.
Look after yourself folks.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 11 March 23 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Oh, LM I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this additional stress.  This is awful that it seems you are having to jump through hoops to show that you did not cause the accident. 
I hope this can be dealt with soon and that your account/evidence will clear things up.
Hang on in there LM, hopefully this will be all sorted out soon. :-*

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 12 March 23 10:00 GMT (UK) »
LM you could do without that but try and stay positive . Hold onto your knowledge that your own driving and insurance record will speak volumes.
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 12 March 23 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Candleflame
 His insurance is saying I am to blame, how can it be when he was trying to pass me on my right as I was exiting left and signalling left,  he what I called, undertook me on a roundabout at a reckless speed, my passenger can't be
used as a witness
I mustn't go on an on about this episode but it is very stressful

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 12 March 23 11:20 GMT (UK) »
No trouble to us I am sure L.M, if you need to talk about it ,it does help.
We “ listen “ to all sorts of problems and actively contact those we worry about if we have had no posts for a while from them.

I hate injustice, and there is so much in daily life.

A lovely sunny morning .
A gammon joint for tea .

Son still positive yesterday but feels much better.
Another test tomorrow I should think.
He has worked all through .

Well ,hope all are as well as can be expected and managing to keep warm .
Cheerio,Viktoria.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 12 March 23 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Sleep is beneficial Diana, I need to partake more of it too! … Our old week having now ended and start of a new and burning midnight + oil.

Seems you still had some immunity Viktoria thankfully, with your son having nasty symptoms of the virus in household and he's done well to work through it and good to hear he's feeling a lot better, that is positive!

LM  the saying that a trouble shared is a trouble halved probably is more about not bottling things up, only wish it meant that we could actually reduce the actual problem and understandable that it is of great concern and so much on your mind. No need to apologise referring to it at all and writing it down or speaking about it can be helpful as has been said, plus you're keeping diary and us up to date with developments.

Sad news for you RTL re your friend, celebration of life is a term we quite often hear in NZ and see in notices re funeral announcements.
Also with the restrictions as well during pandemic, delayed memorial services or celebrations of life held when possible or on anniversary of the date.

Stopped myself in summery of week before writing a screed now of this and that with candle needing blowing out sooner than later :)

Leave you here with just a thumbnail peek of our little 10mth doll from this week ...

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 12 March 23 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria, my specs are fine - I was suggesting varifocals and care in the proportions given to each lense to you! It does make a difference.
I've always carried a real camera in my handbag, LM, and in the few accidents we've had - none our fault, thank goodness, I've been out with my trusty camera, and recorded everything - vehicles in area, so they could be traced, a large dog leaping around..... I even "arrested" a 'bus that ran into the back of us, by hanging onto the doorhandles, so he couldn't leave until the police arrived. The driver was trying to get large male passengers, (he seemed to have a good supply of them) to lift me off so he could continue. I said I'd have them all for assault if they tried it, and him for incitement as well! So relieved when the police motorbike arrived, a really nice man.
Actually a lot will depend on how the lanes were laid out on your roundabout. Get those pictures - and it's worth checking with nearby businesses if they have relevant cctv.
Hope things work out okay for you both.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 12 March 23 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you TY
Well your account is my laugh  for today.
I photographed each car with my mobile phone but obviously not enough,  it doesn't have any shops nearby.
The lanes  are marked so no problem there, half of me wished I had called the police, he was a nice well presented young man,  if he thought he had a quiet silver haired old lady to contend with he was mistaken, but it was quite amicable between us,  I am not aggressive in any way, I suspect he was relieved I wasn't a burly 6  footer or more, but it wasn't aggressive on either account .

What a nightmare with all the paperwork to fill in.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London