Author Topic: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up  (Read 114271 times)

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
  • Martha Murray 1920-1990
    • View Profile
Re: Celia's Rake Lane + burial.look up
« Reply #297 on: Thursday 17 November 05 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Celia,
What you had no frost up there? 7am this morning in the wilds of Moreton it was white out  and darn cold :o ;D.
I do have a map of Flaybrick from the leisure services  so it will be CE 12 I am looking for is that right? the NC section only goes to 6A and the RC only goes to 7. Hahaha new technology for you, why do they always make everything so complicated ??? I still can't programme the video ;D
Good luck with the  new stuff ;)
Pat
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: Thursday 17 November 05 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Kira
Do you have A "James Lloyd, Charles William Lloyd,Charles Frederick Lloyd or an Ellen Lloyd. buried 1907,1928, 1932, & 1956.Took the info when i came accross it just in case :D. They are in C.O E. Section a bit further up.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: Thursday 17 November 05 23:32 GMT (UK) »
As far as l know, No Celia.  But thank you anyway.Regards Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline Kitch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #300 on: Friday 18 November 05 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia.
So you have had an eye infection as well? You are the 4th one I have heard of apart from me. There are some strange bugs going around aren't there?
Is there an online map of Rake lane where I can get an idea where my Florence and Joseph Griffith are buried? Or is there  a board at the cemetary?
Cheers
Ann.
Griffith   Chester.
Woosnam   Mid Wales.
Kitchen   Liverpool.
Drummond   Liverpool, Wallasey and Birkenhead.

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: Friday 18 November 05 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kitch I have just had a map of Rake Lane out looking for something so I will get it scanned in and if you want to pm me with your e mail address I will mail it to you,
Pat
Millership Worcs Staffs   Creer Liverpool IOM  Fishwick Cheshire   Edwards Lancs Cheshire   Smith Cheshire  Murray Lancs  Fitzpatrick Down Ireland  Hewitt  Norfolk  Girdlestone Norfolk  Reilly Ireland Anglesey  Youd  Cheshire  Parker Cheshire  Linacre Cheshire  Higgins Ireland Anglesey   Dickson Lancs  Bohannan Lancs   Downey Gallway Ireland

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: Friday 18 November 05 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Celia, regarding the grave 768, Sec 12...is there an address on the burial records of the second internment Betti Devlin, and third internment Helena Lloyd? Just wondering.
Regards Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline toad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: Friday 18 November 05 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kira went to Flaybrick today to look for your grave plot not good news I am afraid.
I found sec 12 Cof E plot no 754 and 756 with headstones but no sign of 768 were it should have been ??? I must admit it seems as if again a lot of the stones may have fallen and there are a lot of empty spaces were only the graves are left, just indents in the ground. I took a few photos for you of the area the grave should be (some of my family are up there too and all I have for that plot is a nice patch of grass :'( ) There is some vandalism there as well stones like these don't just loose lumps off them like they have >:(.
Anyway sorry I couldn't find any headstones for you,I will try and get hold of the ranger who looks after the cemetery to see if he has any ideas as I found it quite strange that there were graves marked with 12 c in the 130's very near the ones I found in the 700's? I wonder if there are other rows hiding somewere else?
Anyway can always go back and have another look,next time I will go with someone as the Squirrels in the trees were having great fun scaring the living daylights out of me ;D the place is very quiet and every now and then one would come hurtling out of a tree and dash around the graves :o
The first photo shows looking over sec12c from embankment, the second is looking toward were I would think the plot 768 should be about 3 graves past the broken stone but it is very overgrown in parts there too.

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: Friday 18 November 05 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Pat for the pictures. Nice of you to take the time out of your day.
Pity that vandals find it fun to smash up grave stones. Not something l did in my childhood/teen days.
Warm regards Kira

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: Friday 18 November 05 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann
I have a map of Rake lane on this topic,that you can print out.
IT IS ON PAGE 5

Kira
I will have to do a lookup of the burial records to find the addresses of the other two.The information i gave you was from the grave records (different film).Which just tells you who is in the grave.They need records because a grave only has four people in it.The Burial record will give the added information of the address and maybe the occupation if they had one.I will be able to get the second burial info,but not sure about the 1961 burial.I will do that next week along with the 1907 one youy gave me. The other burials i mentioned one was in 1907 sep 28th James Lloyd age 65.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885