Author Topic: Tiggi's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In.  (Read 69695 times)

Offline ROMANYGENES

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tiggi's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 22:42 BST (UK) »
The poem about the two lads transported (Plato and Louis)is from the book Romano Lavo Lil by George Borrow ,
Its under the section2English Gypsy Songs"

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 08:47 BST (UK) »
Tiggi now you have the birth cert for Plato b. Leicester perhaps you should post the details of same onto here it may help throw up more leads
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • BETSEY SMITH/ WIFE OF NELSON BUCKLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 10:04 BST (UK) »
Here is informaton on birth certificate for Plato Buckland
Registerstion District Uppingham
 Sub District Barrowden Counties of Rutland & Northampton

November 4th 1839
Name PLATO
male
Father : Thomas Buckland
Mother : Damaris Buckland : formerly Fletcher
Father's occupation : Tinman
signed by mother : Damaris Buckland X
states residing in Harringworth
TENETT BUCKLAND & PLATO BUCKLAND ( MY LINEAGE)
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

AREAS OF INTEREST CORNWALL DEVON

USA   Worton Stanley Joles Cooper  Jeffrey Small
 all English lines of Roms who are found in America

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 13:22 BST (UK) »

Ooooh, love that name Damaris.........so different     :D :D

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline TwistedTwigs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 05:44 BST (UK) »
Just out of interest can anyone help to find anything about Thomas Jeffery-Jeffery- Jeffs prior to the 1851 census
I am wondering if Keziah wife of Tenant Buckland is his sister as he was born 1828 she was born  abt 1832

Or has anyone seen anything about either a Unity Wells or Janey Ganey Wells ?

Toledo, Ohio was home to many Romani in the late 1800's.  We have been working diligently to locate everyone's burial location and photograph the headstones.  We will have a website up and running by the end of July, 2008.

We do, in fact, have a Thomas Jeffery interred here in Toledo, Ohio... his dates, however, do not match yours.  His family plot is located next to BROADWAY(s), WILLIAMS, and another JEFFERY.

Thomas Jeffery born August 29, 1844
Wife Annie S. Jeffery born September 7, 1844
And their children...

I attached a photo.  Hope this helps you on your journey.

TOLEDO, OHIO, USA -  FAMILIES:
BROADWAY, BRYER, BUCKLAND, BURTON, COOPER, HARRISON, HICKS, JEFFERY, JEFFREY, JEFFRY, LOVELL, RILEY, SHAW, SMITH, STANLRY, WELLS, WILLIAMS

Offline TwistedTwigs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 06:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have been looking for them in 1871 ... They had to be near warwickshire at that stage as Edith marries Wisdom Smith, there!

Tiggi ...was wisdom younger than her , do you know?

BTW ..I have not been getting emails re this thread ... :-\

deb

hi Debs
Right on Edith marriage certificate she was aged 21 born 1851
Wisdom was aged 22 born 1850 both say living in redditch at time they married in Bromsgrove Worcesthershire in 1872
 now although it states Tenet as father Plato his brother was her Witness so I am wondering where her father was at this time ?
It might be idea to look for Plato about that time he could be in 1871 in area hadn;t thought of that

but what is confusing with Edith when she dies in 1891 on her headstone she died aged 37 so that then makes her born 1854 ? so do you believe marriage or headstone ?

I love this family they have made me grey i can tell you lol

I am researching Mark BUCKLAND, believed son of Plato, who died here in Toledo, Ohio.  My problem is that there were 2 distinct Mark Buckland's in Toledo born the same year!  One of Romany heritage, the other, not so colorful.  Mark is buried with Phillie Buckland born 1892.  Mark's death certificate states he was born in Dayton, Kentucky.

My earliest BUCKLANDS are buried in a remote cemetery in Licking County Ohio with John Bryer, Johanna (Joanna on her headstone) Stanley Bryer (daughter of Owen and Harriet Wharton all on the Osprey together) and a host of Coopers.  I can follow that line of BUCKLAND's way back in the USA.  (They do have a series of sons named Nelson).  So, why did they settle in Licking County, Ohio (BRYERS)?  Two of Bryer's daughters married Charles Broadway - Georgeanna was his first wife - she died then he married Alleghaney Bryer (she's my personal favorite). 

Anyways, as far has getting gray hair from the BUCKLAND vista - I have to say that I agree!

The Buckland family here in Toledo operated(s) the "BUCKLAND/STALTER Mobile Home Park" which is located just a few streets away from my home.  I am diligently working on this line... I will kepp all posted!

Bonnie

BROADWAY, BRYER, BUCKLAND, BURTON, COOPER, HARRISON, HICKS, JEFFERY, JEFFREY, JEFFRY, LOVELL, RILEY, SHAW, SMITH, STANLRY, WELLS, WILLIAMS

Offline TwistedTwigs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 06:18 BST (UK) »
Whoops... put in the wrong picture.  Well the first is correct but the second is not.

I shall try again!

Offline TwistedTwigs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 06:26 BST (UK) »
baptism of Tryphena Buckland 6/3/1852 St Blazey dau of Tennent & Kezia - only entry I can see in the Cornwall indexes around that time.

The name Tryphena is rather rare (at least in the USA).  I located this Tryphena Riley while running down my William RILEY  and Perstilla BROADWAY line from here in Toledo, Ohio, USA. 

Any thoughts?  She is buried in New York, USA

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 07:45 BST (UK) »

Hi Bonnie and welcome to Rootschat..........I'm sure you'll be getting lots of PM's from Tiggi, Cathay and the girls regarding the Bucklands, they've made for a very interesting search.

Could you tell me what the sabre, what looks like horns and star mean on Mark Bucklands headstone.  A most unusual sign.

All the best

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton