Author Topic: Re: DIAMOND  (Read 46024 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: DIAMOND
« Reply #216 on: Thursday 17 February 11 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra

Patrick lived with his wife and her sister.  Annie Diamond Mullholland was born in Scotland on the 17th November 1884.   Her parents were Patrick Diamond and Susan McGuigan.
Would there be a passport application for her?

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Were Annie Diamond and Patrick Mulholland married in Scotland ?  Were Patrick or James born in Scotland ?

BW
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Friday 18 February 11 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Annie was more like married in America.  Her two sons Patrick and James would of been born in America so thats why I thought they might be found in the census under Mulholland?

Thanks

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Friday 18 February 11 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

There are lots of Mulholland on Census records so you need to be more specific with the details - we need a time frame to work to. There are 217 replies on this thread and going back to look at the information already given - in reply 3 we have Patrick Diamond and Susan in New York with Anna born 1884 - I presume this is the Anna you mean.  In reply 15 Patrick, Susan and daughter Anna are in Maghera for the 1911 Census (Anna unmarried). Later in reply 32 - Susan Helen Diamond goes to either Catherine/Kathryn or Annie and we know Susan applied for a Passport in New York in 1919. Perhaps the marriage of Anna to Patrick Mulholland could have been during this period 1911 - 1919  ??? I can see a death record for Anna Mulholland born 22 November 1984 (date a few days out from your Anna) died Jan 1968 Philadelphia. Pennsylvania but can't see a suitable family in Pennsylvania or New York. I have checked for a passenger list for Anna Diamond or Anna Mulholland returning to the USA after 1911 and cannot see one.  So no luck.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Friday 18 February 11 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
Thanks for all yoyur help.  I have thought of another way to find the family.  I know Annie's son Patrick his wife died in May 1974 as it stated in the letter my auntie has.

Could either of these be Patricks wife?

Alice MULHOLLAND - U.S. Social Security Death Index
Birth: 8 Jun 1921  State Where Number was Issued: New York  Death: May 1974

Jeanette MULHOLLAND - U.S. Social Security Death Index
Birth: 31 Oct 1923  State Where Number was Issued: Illinois  Death: May 1974

Hopefully this might help find them

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Friday 18 February 11 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

You could try looking through the site below if you think that they were in New York  - often has Obituaries, Marriages etc (site a little slow to load but will eventually settle)

http://fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html

What was the address on the letter Auntie received in reply 211 ?

Regards
Sandra

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Friday 18 February 11 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

The address on the letter was from Helen so that isn't going to give any clues as she lived in the Bronx New York.  She was telling my aunties about the sad news about Patricks wife but didn't state her name.

Thats why the information I have isn't great.

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Saturday 19 February 11 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

Sorry - have'nt had much luck with Diamond/Mulholland yet.  Went back to Patrick Diamond Passenger List in reply 8 - you should have a copy of that one - it referred to Patricks return to New York in 1913.
It states he had been in New York from 1898 - 1908, it also names his daughter as Mrs Kate Walters - 875 E 180 Street. NY.  Tthis the daughter that you thought had married a Duryea  ??? Wondering if Catherine was married twice  ??? What do you reckon ?

Regards
Sandra

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Saturday 19 February 11 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for all your help.  As far as I know Catherine married twice once to Marge Molly and then to Harold Duryea I got this information from a cousin.   I have been able to get one of the death notices and will hopefully get the other one next week.

Did you have any look with the McKernan information this seems another brick wall.

Thanks for all your help as always

Kieran

PS She died called Kathryn M Duryea on 15 June 1968

Kathryn DURYEA   
Birth Date: 28 Oct 1886 
Death Date: Jun 1968 
    Social Security Number:  090-09-5939 
    State or Territory Where Number Was Issued:  New York

Death Residence Localities
    ZIP Code: 11510 
    Localities:  Baldwin, Nassau, New York
  Baldwin Harbor, Nassau, New York
  N Baldwin, Nassau, New York
  North Baldwin, Nassau, New York

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Saturday 19 February 11 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

Yes, I have re-read all that today but have a look at the information on that 1913 passenger list and you will see she is mentioned as daughter Mrs Kate Walters. Thats what I fouind puzzling  ???

Nothing on Annie McKernan 1883 that I can tie up to your Annie I'm afraid.

Regards
Sandra