Author Topic: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office  (Read 74223 times)

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office
« Reply #63 on: Monday 09 January 06 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

I'm trying to confirm an IGI record......

John Woodward Christened 9th November 1828 at Llanferres, parents John and Elizabeth??

I'm also trying to find out more about the burial of 4 sons at Llanfynydd...from a photo I have of the gravestone (erected by my late grandmother for her brothers).... inscription reads.....

"John, Vincent, David and Emlyn sons of Elizabeth and Edward Davies of Plat Cottage (UWCH Y MYNYDD UCHA)"

I appreciate that the last request will be near-impossible as I don't have dates!!!!

Many thanks

Sarah :)

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 09 January 06 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah,
If the boys where your grandmother brothers it would give me a starting point if you could tell me when she was born..... ish?

Thanks, Paul.

Offline LibbyW

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hannah Louise Robins 1877-1946
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, your help is appreciated. I will do abit more digging and give myself time to digest the info. I'll see if Burton and Crosshowel are close and then get back to you if I may.

Thanks again
LibbyW
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Perry:- Middlesex, Hertford, Essex.  Britton:- Middlesex, London, Gloucester.  Murray:- Lancashire.  Lee:- Liverpool.  Bennison:- Cumberland, Yorkshire? Robins:- Liverpool, London, Devon.  Procter:- Liverpool. Westhead :- Liverpool. Norman :- Essex, Suffolk. Kitchener:- Bedford, Middlesex. Marriage:- Middlesex. Chopping:- Hertford.

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Sorry....it would help !!  ;D

Probable dates are 1910-1935ish, all 4 died young I think the eldest was late teens (emphasis on think..LOL) as a result of illness or accident. My grandmother's (1917-1990) parents could not afford a headstone at the time so when they died 1960 and 1967 (aged 74 and 81) she erected a headstone for her brothers at the same time for her parents.

Sorry....I'm rambling on!!..........

Many thanks again...

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah,
I found a baptism record for a son of John & Elizabeth Woodward Llanferres, 9th November 1828 but it's for Robert not John. Father John's occupation is a Joiner.

No luck with the 4 brothers burials.
Do you have your grandmothers Christian name, married name and birthplace please. Do you also know where Elizabeth & Edward Davies married?
You never know it might help. 

Thanks Paul.

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Cheers for baptism!!......I did mean Robert not John!!  ;D

My grandmother's name was Gwyneth Mair Griifiths (nee Davies) 1917-1990, she married John Henry Griffiths 1913-1973 in 1940 in Eryrys, where they lived all their lives and are buried at Eryrys. They were born Llanarmon/Eryrys/Llanfynydd.

Her parents were Edward Davies and Elizabeth (nee Woodward) married in 1909 at St Giles, Wrexham.

My mum knows very little of when her mother's (my grandmother) brothers died apart from John was a baby, David and Vincent were children, and Emlyn died after my grandmother was married, but before my mother was born (making it 1940-1949)........sorry this is becoming so vague, I do appreciate it makes a search hard work !!! but any help in the best way to tackle it all is very much appreciated.

Many thanks once again

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Cheers for baptism!!......I did mean Robert not John!!  ;D

My grandmother's name was Gwyneth Mair Griifiths (nee Davies) 1917-1990, she married John Henry Griffiths 1913-1973 in 1940 in Eryrys, where they lived all their lives and are buried at Eryrys. They were born Llanarmon/Eryrys/Llanfynydd.

Her parents were Edward Davies and Elizabeth (nee Woodward) married in 1909 at St Giles, Wrexham.

My mum knows very little of when her mother's (my grandmother) brothers died apart from John was a baby, David and Vincent were children, and Emlyn died after my grandmother was married, but before my mother was born (making it 1940-1949)........sorry this is becoming so vague, I do appreciate it makes a search hard work !!! but any help in the best way to tackle it all is very much appreciated.

Many thanks once again

Thanks for the info Sarah I hope I can find something from all that.
Are Daniel & Ann Woodward.Miner, Engineer, Farmer. Yours? children
John, Samuel, Adam and John 1841-1846.

Or Adam & Barbara Farmer Shopkeeper.Children.
Adam, Eliza---, John, Mary, Eliza, William and Robert 1814-1826.

Paul

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Friday 13 January 06 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

Many thanks for Woodward info  ;D

They must be connected somehow!!!!......they all favoured the names Adam, Daniel and Robert several times (up until the present day!!!)..just to make things confusing!!!   ???

In a nutshell.......

My g grandmothers,  Elizabeth b.1886 (married name Davies),  father was Adam Woodward b.1867 to Robert b.1828 and Harriett b.1830 Woodward (nee Roberts)

Robert is the furthest I've got back at the moment with the Woodwards but the more I look sideways....the more Woodwards appear!!!  LOL

I have no siblings for Robert at the moment so I wonder if the Adam and Daniel you have found are his brothers????

Many thanks again for all your help!!

Offline Greenbentley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 16 January 06 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul

Are you still doing lookups at Flintshire Record Office?  If so next time you go could you look up a couple of burials for me please.

Mary Griffiths died abt 1880 Clawdd Offa Hope Flintshire she was the widow of Edward Griffiths her age would be 79/80 years.

Also her son William Griffiths born 1825 Hope flintshire, William's last address on the 1891 Clawdd Offa Hope Flint, I last saw William on the 1891 census can't find him on the 1901 his age would be between 66 & 76 years.  I appreciate it's a ten year span to look through so I understand if you can't do it.

Much appreciated
Ann

Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Oxfordshire - Lee / Martin
Staffordshire - Faulkner /Edwards
Yorkshire - Griffiths/Faulkner/Bentley/Ellis/Green/Walker