Author Topic: Missing Marriage/1901 Census for William Crean & Ellen Murphy  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Marriage/1901 Census for William Crean & Ellen Murphy
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 16 December 23 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Doreen Crean
Rathdown

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 16 December 23 19:38 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you have seen that someone on Ancestry (related I think to the KENNY family) have Dora's death as Nov 1968 at Dun Laoghaire.  I think this might be the death they are referring to, this person drowned in the sea off West Pier.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1968/04180/4065651.pdf

They have a specific date of death for William - 28 Sep 1963, but no location.

Debra  :D

How on earth did you find that death! I can find it even with very general searches on just "Dora".
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 16 December 23 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Doreen Crean
Rathdown

Oh, D-L is in Rathdown? Silly me. I thought it was Dublin South, but I searched more generally anyway. I would not have found in any case, though, as someone thought to turn Dora into Doreen in the index.  :'(
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 16 December 23 19:42 GMT (UK) »
In case in proves useful
Irish Independent 4 Nov 1968

Crean Dora nee Kenny (Cabinteely Co. Dublin ) widow of William Crean 22 Granville Crescent
Deeply regretted son brothers sisters
To Oulard Cemetery Gorey

I am beginning to regret not availing of the INA subscription offer.  :(
Never thought I would have such issues with deaths in the 1960s.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 16 December 23 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Success! I found William's death registration, by searching for all deaths of a William registered in Wexford in 1963. He is misindexed as "Glean" instead of Crean! Definitely him - retired gas worker.

I spent ages looking for a death in England. And he actually died in sight of where I was living at the time of his death.

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 16 December 23 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Well done, but I think you searched for all deaths of William's in Wexford in1963 :D

Also is this the birth you referred for William & Dora

Births Mar 1941 
CREAN    ******* *    Kenny    Bootle    8b   516

SS

added you modified your last post >:(

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 16 December 23 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Well done, but I think you searched for all deaths of William's in Wexford in1963 :D

Also is this the birth you referred for William & Dora

Births Mar 1941 
CREAN    ******* *    Kenny    Bootle    8b   516

SS

added you modified your last post >:(

Yes, that is his son. Talked to him once. At time I thought he was a grandson, due to his age. But he wasn't  ;)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 16 December 23 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Another success!
I finally found William Crean and his first wife Ellen Murphy in the 1901 census.
They were in Kyle, Oulart, and married.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001277062/

On the NLI website they are mis indexed as William and Ellen Scan.

I found them by  using the same search technique I used to find the death registration of William in Wexford in 1963. That is, I searched for every William of the right approximate age, 24, first in Enniscorthy, and then Oulart (which is Bolaboy ED).

So now have resolved two of the three initial issues. Their marriage is still missing. I am of the view that they were married, but simply unregistered, which was possible.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 16 December 23 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Great news!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk